The man who stabbed at least two people in London on Sunday and was then shot dead has been tentatively identified as Sudesh Amman as media reports suggest he was a recently jailed extremism supporter, known to authorities.

Police Deputy Assistant Commissioner Lucy D’Orsi said that London police were “confident” the attacker was indeed Sudesh Amman, after multiple sources have identified the stabbing suspect as a young man who made headlines in 2018 when he was jailed for sharing terrorist manuals, which included a tutorial on home-made bombs.

Disturbing details of the case said that Amman had already declared his wish to carry out a terrorist attack, stockpiled arms and openly praised Islamic State (IS, ISIS/ISIL). He even reportedly urged his girlfriend to behead her parents, calling them “kuffars” or non-believers.

Aged just 18 at the time, the resident of Harrow, north-west London, was also apparently into knife fighting. In November 2018, he pled guilty to a total of 13 terrorism-related offences, including six counts of possessing terrorist materials and seven of spreading terrorist propaganda. The teen was active in a family WhatsApp group where he would share an Al-Qaeda magazine and incite violence toward Yazidis, insisting that the Muslim Holy book – the Quran – allowed to rape them.

Amman was sentenced to three years and four months behind bars, but apparently was released early.

D’Orsi has confirmed that Amman was closely followed by plainclothes armed officers on foot before the attack. After he charged at passersby, the officers “were in immediate attendence and shot a male suspect dead at the scene,” she said.

Police said earlier the attack was Islamism- and terrorism-related.

Several outlets have already released the suspect’s mugshot and described details of his conviction. British tabloids said the young man walked free from jail days before his rampage.

Also on rt.com

A police forensics officer gestures near the site where a man was shot by armed officers in Streatham, south London, Britain, February 2, 2020. © Simon Dawson / Reuters
London Bridge 2.0? As police confirm London stabbing Islamist-related, report claims attacker was ALSO on police watch-list

The attacker was shot dead on Sunday after stabbing two people in the south London area of Streatham. 

D’Orsi said that three people were taken to hospitals in the aftermath of the incident, noting that a man in his 40s who was previously reported to be in life-threatening condition, is no longer considered to be in such.

“Thankfully.. this is no longer the case,” she said.

A 50-year-old woman suffered non-life threatening injuries as result of the attack and has since been released from the hospital.

Another woman in her 20s was injured by glass that shattered when hit by police bullets and has been recieving treatment at hospital.

Think your friends would be interested? Share this story!

#

Comments are closed