- Biden wins Texas, Massachusetts, Arkansas, Minnesota, Tennessee, Oklahoma, Alabama, North Carolina and Virginia primaries
- Sanders wins California, Utah, Colorado and Vermont primaries
- Full story: Biden surges with early victories as Sanders wins California
- Super Tuesday: live results from all 14 states
- Support the Guardian’s independent journalism. Make a contribution
Maine is the last state to due to be called by AP. With 81% reporting, Biden is ahead by a whisker with 34% to Sanders’ 33%. The state has only 24 delegates up for grabs though.
Meanwhile people are still voting in California and Texas, which have been plagued by long lines and delays. In California and Texas anyone in line at the time polls close must be allowed to vote.
Here’s more on what would probably be a nightmare for Democrats: a contested convention.
This is basically when no candidate gets a majority on the first ballot, and party bigwigs (“superdelegates”) get to swing in and take part in another round of voting.