WTO warns economic impact will be worse than 2008; Spanish death toll higher than China’s; Prince Charles tests positive. Follow the latest updates.
- Coronavirus latest: at a glance
- Coronavirus key questions: everything you need to know
- Death toll in Spain overtakes China as lockdowns extend around globe
- US coronavirus updates – live
- Australia coronavirus updates – live
- See all our coronavirus coverage
Mexico’s federal government will suspend all non-essential activities beginning on Thursday, Mexico’s deputy health minister Hugo Lopez-Gatell told reporters.
Mexico registered 475 coronavirus cases on Wednesday, up from 405, and six deaths overall.